ACT Residual for UMHB
Administered on the following dates:
November 10, 2017 at 12:00pm
Check in begins 15 minutes before the test time. Registration closes once the date is full.
Register early to ensure a spot. Information and registration is listed below under ACT Residual.
ACT National Assessment
Search for local testing sites and register at www.act.org.
September 9, 2017
October 28, 2017
December 9, 2017
UMHB Testing Location
Counseling, Testing & Health Services Office
Mabee Student Success Center (3rd floor)
$65 non-refundable fee to be paid at the time of registration.
Only register for a testing date that you are sure you will be able to attend.
Important Testing Information
What to bring:
- Valid photo ID (driver's license, military ID, school ID) is REQUIRED.
- Examinees may bring any 4-function, scientific, or graphing calculator for use on the Math section only. Calculators with built-in or downloaded computer algebra system functionality are prohibited.
- Shapened, soft lead no. 2 pencils with good erasers.
- Snack and/or drink for the 10 minute break (halfway through the exam). Testing will be approximately 4 hours long.
What NOT to bring:
- Any electronic device, other than permitted calculator. This includes mobile phone, smart watch, fitness band, media player, tablet, headphones, and camera. If you must bring these items with you, notifiy the proctor to have them stored away (out of the testing room).
- Reading material, textbooks, dictionaries, scratch paper, notes, or other aids.
- Highlight pens, colored pens, or pencils, or correction fluid/tape.
ACT Residual scores:
- Scores are only valid at the UMHB and will not be released to any other institution.
- Scores are available in 3 business days.
- You will be called with the score results. Printed copies are not provided.
- A writing score is required for Admissions that is used for placement into UMHB courses.
- You may submit a writing score from ACT, SAT or Accuplacer. Accuplacer must include Sentence Skills and WritePlacer.
- UMHB may administer the Accuplacer instead of the ACT Writing. You may choose to take the Accuplacer on the same day or schedule it for a later date. Schedule Accuplacer for a later date by clicking here.
- The ACT Residual test can be retaken 60 days after your test date.
- If you do not wait 60 days your scores will be cancelled and your fee will not be refunded.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you after you complete the registration and submit your payment. Dates and times may be subject to change based on availability.
- Payment is non-refundable or transferable. Please be sure you will be able to attend before registering for a particular date. Please contact Counseling, Testing & Health Services for more details at (254-295-4696).
- Review ACT Residual Prohibited Behavior at the Test Center. If any of these prohibited behaviors are observed or suspected on test day, the indiduals who engaged in the prohibited behavior will not have their answer documents scored, will forfeit their registration for that test date, and will have not right to refunds or appeals.
- Persons with disabilities are responsible for contacting and providing documentation to Nate Williams, Director of Counseling, Testing, & Health Services, prior to scheduling. Arrangements will be made to test under conditions that meet their special requirements. Persons taking the Residual ACT with accommodations will be scheduled for an individual appointment. Please contact the Testing Services for additional information.
Thank you for your interest in taking the Residual ACT at UMHB. Before you register, please ensure you have read and understand the previous information. If you have any questions, please call the Testing Center at (254) 295-4696.