Seasonal Flu Vaccinations
During the Flu season, FREE flu vaccines will be offered to all full-time UMHB employees and full-time employees’ spouses and dependents who are 18 years or older and currently enrolled in UMHB’s medical insurance plan.
Blood Pressure Monitoring
The Blood Pressure Monitoring form is located on the HR website http://hr.umhb.edu/forms. Call extension 4696 before you come, to see if the Nurse is available.
If you forgot your form when you had your blood pressure taken, the Nurse can transcribe the reading onto your wellness form if you bring documentation from your provider (blood pressure reading, date, and signature/stamp of provider).
Basic First Aid Class
Offered several times a year, you will be notified of the dates and times through a campus email. This class is 50 minutes and is free. It is not a certified First Aid course, it is meant for employee wellness credit only. If you would like to take a certifying course, contact the American Heart Association, one of the CPR providers listed below, or American Red Cross.
Heartsaver Adult/Child CPR Course
Certified through the American Heart Association. Offered to UMHB employees for the Wellness program. Course is instructed by Nurse Debbie Rosenberger, Coordinator of Health Services. Class will be held in the Health Center located in the Mabee Student Success Center, 3rd floor.
Required for Course
- Purchase Heartsaver CPR/AED book (copyright 2015 or newer) prior to course date for your personal use. You may purchase it online through American Heart Association or another source of your choice.
- Cost: $10 to UMHB (cash, check, or credit)
- Wear comfortable clothing that will allow you to sit on the floor.
*Class dates/times may be subject to change. You will be notified if any changes occur.
American Heart Association CPR Providers
If you are not able to attend one of the courses offered by the UMHB Health Center, contact one of the following CPR providers or another provider of your choice, fees vary.
- Simone Tucker (254) 535-4915 (UMHB)
- Daryl Hausam (254) 295-4239 (UMHB)
- Mark Wolf (254) 780-1005
- Brandon Miles (254) 939-8630
- John Larson (254) 760-3492